Monday, June 6, 2011

It Stinks In Here

I work in a corporate office. The closest ladies room to my cubicle has about 8 or so stalls. During one of the first few weeks that I worked there, I happened to notice a certain odor in the bathroom. I didn’t think anything of it. It is, after all, a bathroom. I’m sitting down, minding my own business when another lady walked in. The first thing I hear is, “It stinks in here”. Of course it stinks in here, it’s a bathroom! Now, I don’t know if she thought she was the only person in there and just talking to herself or if she thought she was trying to engage me in a conversation. Kind of odd, really. I am not the type of person that tries to talk to other people while they are in the midst of their personal time. Especially if I don’t know who is in the stall next to me. If, however, I happen to walk into the bathroom with someone I know and we happen to choose stalls next to each other, I might continue the conversation we were having prior to having my panties around my ankles. This is not the point…

The point is, if someone can’t relieve themselves of the used food in their body in a public bathroom at a cooperate office where we spend up to 12 hours a day where then, can they? Excuse me Nose, but did you want us to poop in the parking lot? Or maybe in our trash cans at our desks? Didn’t your mamma teach you that everyone poops?
I understand that there are some people in this word who will not poop in public and that’s ok. It’s up to you. But, in my opinion, if you gatta go, you gatta go. Why can’t I poop in a public bathroom? If it’s there I’m gonna use it, why? Because that’s what it was built for!
So in response to my fellow bathroom user, and her, quite obviously working nose, I let out a giant fart. My only other option was to let loose in my cube. Of course I could have gone ‘crop dusting’ past her cube, but that? That would have been rude.

No comments: